ADESA DealerBlock is back and better, because of OPENLANE technology. Learn more at next.ADESA.com.
With the launch of the new ADESA OpenLane, we’ve taken the best of what you’ve come to expect from DealerBlock and merged it with new tools, updated functionality and an expanded selection of inventory. Our goal is to bring you, our customers, a better and more convenient online experience. Here are some important benefits and changes you should know about.
AUCTION CLOSE TIME EXTENDED
The auction close time for all inventory posted on OpenLane is 4 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Pacific Time, giving you an additional three hours to bid from the prior DealerBlock auction close of 1 p.m. Eastern/10 a.m. Pacific Time.
EXPANDED FLOORPLAN OPTIONS
You can now leverage an expanded list of floorplan options. OpenLane offers floorplan options from 16 different providers (including AFC) as well as Dealer Check, Wire Transfer and Fastlane ACH (Automated Clearing House) options. To explore your floorplan options, download the “Floorplan Payment Method Form” here.
POST-SALE SERVICES SELECTED AT THE TIME OF SALE
When you elect to “Place A Bid”, “Buy Now”, or submit a “Best Offer” for a vehicle listed on OpenLane, you’ll have an up front opportunity to select vehicle transportation from CarsArrive, a pre-delivery inspection and other services. You no longer have to wait until after the sale to purchase these services.
SELLER INTERFACE ALLOWS YOU TO MANAGE YOUR OWN SALES
With ADESA OpenLane, dealers now have the ability to manage their own wholesale vehicle sales by posting units online for sale on OpenLane – using our convenient, easy-to-use Seller Interface. You can create vehicle listings with full condition reports, vehicle photos and include details you think best represent your wholesale units.
PROXY BIDS HANDLED DIFFERENTLY AT OPENLANE
With OpenLane a bidder may win a vehicle at the seller’s full reserve price as long as the bidder’s proxy bid limit is greater than the seller’s reserve. For questions about the proxy bid process, please contact an OpenLane representative at (866) 969-0321 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARBITRATION FOR NON-ADESA PHYSICAL AUCTION VEHICLES IS THROUGH OPENLANE
Vehicles purchased online on OpenLane that are NOT located at an ADESA physical auction MUST be arbitrated using OpenLane’s convenient online Customer Service Portal. For vehicles purchased on OpenLane that are grounded at an ADESA physical auction, arbitration may still be initiated at that location or via OpenLane’s online Customer Service Portal.
INVENTORY NOT ALWAYS PROCESSED AT AN ADESA PHYSICAL AUCTION
On OpenLane, much of the inventory you’ll find is NOT located at an ADESA physical auction. Vehicles are often located at a grounding dealer (especially off-lease inventory) or can be located at a repo agent’s lot or other location. As such, sales from these locations will NOT be processed through an ADESA auction location. Instead, you’ll take delivery directly from the dealership or other vehicle location. Select vehicle transport from OpenLane’s integrated CarsArrive Network for a convenient and hassle-free way to handle delivery from these locations.
VEHICLE LISTING CATEGORIES UPDATED
On OpenLane, you’ll find vehicle listings are available in several new vehicle listing categories. With all of these new vehicle listing categories, the arbitration period is 48 hours from the receipt of the purchased vehicle, not to exceed 14 days from the date of purchase.
• As-Described – In addition to the arbitration rights available (as per NAAA) for “Standard” vehicle listings, buyers of “As-Described” units are entitled to arbitration under the following conditions:
• If the sale price is less than $35,000, three or more adjacent panels (excluding bumper panels) have been painted or replaced
• If the sale price is equal to or more than $35,000, two or more adjacent panels (excluding bumper panels) have been painted or replaced.
• OEM-CPO Eligible – Seller specific policies apply. Buyers will be entitled to arbitrate conditions certified under the applicable OEM-authorized certified pre-owned program. See specific program details referenced on each OEM-CPO eligible vehicle detail page for further information.
• Front Line Ready – In addition to the arbitration rights available under the “As-Described” vehicle listing category, buyers will be entitled to arbitrate an extensive list of conditions. Please see the ADESA and OpenLane Terms and Conditions document for a comprehensive list of conditions.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Buy on OpenLane - Click here to download a Step-By-Step Guide to Buy on OpenLane.
Sell on OpenLane – Click here to download a Step-By-Step Guide to Sell on OpenLane.
Have questions about ADESA OpenLane? Call (866) 969-0321 or email email@example.com.
Need help using ADESA OpenLane? Call ADESA Customer Connection at (888) 526-7326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.