The day-in, day-out hustle and bustle can sometimes make you feel like Bill Murray in the movie “Groundhog Day.” When was the last time you pushed pause and really stopped to look at how you spend your day? Here are a few things you may have forgotten about being a savvy buyer and seller.
- Determine your audience. Which cars do buyers in your market seem to gravitate toward? Identify your market demand and price accordingly.
- Think packaging. If you know what make and model your buyers want, what is a similar vehicle that might serve up similar results? Capitalize on buyer trends to boost your bottom line.
- Consider reconditioning. Pretty, shiny cars sell faster. So, recon = added value. Check out some popular services here.
- Take advantage of floorplan financing. Get the money you need when you really need it. If you hold back, your competition will beat you to the chase and snag that car you’ve been eyeing. Here is someone you can talk to about floorplan financing.
- Talk with marketing experts. Successful business owners ask for help when they need it. You know cars; other people know marketing. Research and talk to experts about the latest buying and selling strategies.
- Keep learning. There’s always an online tip or Webinar (in fact, here’s one) that you might find helpful.
Do you have any tips to share with other dealers?